Keith Haring (United States, 1958-1990)
'Lucky Strike I', 1987
In 1987, the cigarette company Lucky Strike commissioned Keith Haring to design a series of advertisements for the brand. Haring created nine drawings for Lucky Strike, from which the company selected five to be printed as limited edition silkscreen prints. To humor his friends, Haring also created a tenth sketch for Lucky Strike that depicted a smoking skeleton. The executives at Lucky Strike weren’t too happy about that rendition, Haring noted in his journal. Three of the most iconic designs, featuring the artist’s signature dancing figures, were released as posters printed by Albin Uldry Berne, Austria with Haring's plate signature in lower right and publisher's stamp to lower left.
Offset-lithograph on Wove Paper
700 x 1000 mm (27.5 x 39.3 in)
Signed in Print
Very Good Condition, some wrinkling to lower-left corner edge
CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE
• A Certificate of Authenticity (COA) is included with the purchase of any HAND
• Dispatch time is usually within 48 HOURS after receiving payment.
• Delivery time is usually 2-4 DAYS after dispatch.
• All purchases are fully refundable until 14 DAYS after confirmed delivery.
• Refunds are given only if the artwork is returned in IDENTICAL CONDITION.